Tag: Page Layouts
Working with cross-site publishing in SharePoint can be fun, but it can also give you some headaches. One of the things were it can go wrong is the permissions, it all seems very simple just some clicking in the UI and you’re all set. That is correct, but what happens if it goes wrong?
In the last two blog posts, I covered how you could check which managed properties are available for the catalog item and I also explained a problem with DateTime values. In this post I’ll cover the topic on how you could format the values on the client side. The reason I created this post, is because there isn’t much information available around this topic.
Last week I was doing some experiments with the creation process of page layouts for a cross-site publishing site. After a couple tests with different types of data, I saw some weird behavior when using DateTime managed properties. The Catalog Item Reuse web part didn’t show the value for a managed property of DateTime type.
I’m currently working on my first project that makes use of Cross-Site Publishing functionality from SharePoint 2013. One of the aspects is to create a couple of page layouts to visualise the managed properties from the catalog items. When you configure a catalog connection for the first time on your site, the category and catalog item pages will automatically be created.
I’m currently working on a migration project at a client. It’s a migration from SharePoint 2010 to 2013, which involves some re-development and branding. For the branding part, where this post focusses on, a couple of new page layouts needed to be created. The purpose of these page layouts is to replace the old versions, and to move from five almost completely the same page layouts to only one page layout.
A couple of months ago I wrote some posts about provisioning design files in SharePoint 2013 (display templates, none html design files). One thing I did not described is how you can provision your HTML master page and page layout design files. Most of the research (read time) was already done when I was trying to find out the best way to provision display templates.