Today I launched the new design of the BIWUG website and the great thing is, it just runs on SharePoint public website of Office365. Which was quite challenging, because you do not have all the features available which you have in a normal publishing site.
A couple of thing have been changed:
- Our name is one of the biggest changes. We are now called Belgian Information Worker User Group instead of Belux Information Worker User Group;
- The BIWUG colors have slightly changed, we made them a bit brighter:
- The website is created with bootstrap, this makes it easy to get the website responsive;
- All our sponsors rotate on every page;
- Events are now automatically retrieved from the Eventbrite site. On our previous website, events needed to be created in two places (SharePoint and Eventbrite). Now our publication process is easier to maintain;
- An idea which was in my head for quite some time was to list the latest post of the BIWUG bloggers. This can be found at the bottom of the page where it shows a roll-up of the five latest blog posts. If you notice that your posts do not appear in this roll-up, please let me know you RSS feed and I add it to the list;
- Friendly URLs have been created, this was not in place at the release. Feel free to send feedback.